[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mark Schoonover <schoon at amgt dot com>
 To:  'Jason Collins' <jason at mammothcomputers dot com>, Joe Commisso <jemc at bluefrog dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Is it possible to ipsec vpn from mobile winxp to m 0n0?
 Date:  Sun, 24 Sep 2006 10:35:21 -0700
Jason Collins wrote:
> Safenet is not free, but it works extremely well.  It is also much
> cheaper to buy the netgear branded version from their store or another
> distributor..  You can buy a 1 or 5 user license from them -- full
> version, not limited in any way.  It just has the netgear logo on it.
> I think they are around $40 a seat.

Wow, I didn't know that. I purchased a couple copies of SN to use. The thing
I don't like about it is having to configure the remote client, which can be
300 miles away. I'm looking at SonicWall to replace M0n0 in that respect.
SonicWall has no fat client that gets installed on the remote computer, and
all configuration can be done on the SonicWall box. I'd love to hear the
experience of others in dealing with remote users, especially users that
travel with laptops.

Thanks!

Mark Schoonover
IS Manager
American Geotechnical
V: 858-450-4040 - F: 714-685-3909 - C: 858-472-3816

"Stop the Earth!! I want off!!"