[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mark Wass <mark at market dash analyst dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  SNMP to Remote Monowall Via IPSEC Tunnel
 Date:  Tue, 19 Sep 2006 11:04:46 +1000
Hi All

I'm trying to do a snmpwalk on a remote monowall over a IPSEC Tunnel
(monowall to monowall)

I have a server on my local monowall LAN trying to snmpwalk the remote
monowall's LAN ip.

I can ping the remote monowall Lan IP from the local server and vice versa.

Can some one please give me a clue as to why I can't get snmpwalk working.

FACTS SO FAR

1. I do have SNMP turned on at the remote monowall.

2. I have tried the instructions at this location
http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook-single/#FAQ.SNMPoverVPN

I found the instruction to be a little difficult to follow i.e. what end
is the static route being added. I tried to follow it but after I did I
still could not snmpwalk.

3. I have rules on the LAN interfaces, both local and remote mono's,
that allow all traffic out the LAN interface

4. I am using monowall 1.20 on both routers. ( I need to use this version )

Could some one give me a step by step guide to get this working

Thanks

Mark