[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Ron Carter" <wcarterjr at earthlink dot net>
 To:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Is it possible to ipsec vpn from mobile winxp to m 0n0?
 Date:  Sun, 24 Sep 2006 23:30:00 -0400
I have been working on a few different products.

I have been running several tunnels and have broken some equipments in the
process.
Equipment used:
1 linksys

1.  Symantec version 8 enterprise firewall and have tested a few others.

I really found that I was overloading the equipment instead of killing it.
3 tunnels will overload the symantec vpn100.

I would recommend if you could get a hold of the vpn200r with the 5 user
client remote user lic that would be a good tool.  Confgure the symantec
client to connect to the m0n0wall firewall instead of the vpn200r.  It
should work fine.  I am planning to test this in the next week or so, and
will post the results.

I moved to m0n0wall for a few reasons but the biggest was cost and support
for myself and a few clients that I need to put firewalls in and support
remote connects by customers.

RC