[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michael Brown <knightmb at knightmb dot dyndns dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Back to Back PPTP Across M0n0Wall(s) Cancel Each Other Out
 Date:  Tue, 26 Sep 2006 06:00:48 -0500
Hi Everyone,
I wanted to find out if anyone has run into this before. I can't find it
anywhere in the mailing list.

Basically, we have (2) sites that have m0n0wall.  Each is using the
built in PPTP which works great. Both use m0n0wall as a NAT/Firewall/VPN
setup. The odd thing is, should one person from Company A do a VPN into
Company B, it works.  But, if Company B does a VPN into Company A while
Company A is still VPN into Company B, they both cancel each other out
and you have to restart m0n0wall at both locations to fix the problem.
Just to clarify, I'm not going VPN from m0n0wall to m0n0wall, but it's a
computer behind the NAT doing a VPN across to each other that causes
this to happen.  Now, I think maybe there is a good reason for this, but
I don't know what it is, LOL.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael