[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Andrew Hull <list at racc2000 dot com>
 To:  Mono Wall list <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Issues with the Captive Portal
 Date:  Wed, 27 Sep 2006 09:48:16 -0400
Jonathan De Graeve wrote:
> So now it is confirmed by 2 different people.
>
> The difficult part is to run into the same issue in our test environment
> to identify the issue. Currently I haven't run into this issue yet which
> makes it a lot more difficult to solve it off course.
>
> J.
>
> --
> Jonathan De Graeve
> Network/System Engineer
> Imelda vzw
> Informatica Dienst
> 015/50.52.98
> Jonathan dot de dot graeve at imelda dot be

Good morning,

After reading this thread I did some quick testing on my Mono. I can
confirm the timeout issue as well.

My captive portal idle timeout is set to 5 min. Fired up my laptop,
connected it to the 802.11 AP that the CP interface on Mono is connected
to, authenticate on the CP, double check Internet connectivity with
google, and then disable the wireless interface on the test laptop.

In the CP status page of the web gui, Session start reads 09/27/2006
09:17:36, Last activity reads 09/27/2006 09:17:58. At 09/27/2006
09:22:58 the last activity field had not changed but the test username
was not disconnected.

I'd be happy to be as much of a help as I can.

Andrew