[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W Harrington" <jamesh at thefifthrace dot com>
 To:  "C. Andrew Zook" <andrewzook at pdqlocks dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Captive portal snafu!
 Date:  Wed, 27 Sep 2006 10:56:03 -0400
I had a problem with rules on the CP interface.  I only wanted to allow
Ports 80 and 443 for all my users.  I did it like this

One allowing from anywhere on my CP LAN to Port 80 Anywhere
One allowing from anywhere on my CP LAN to Port 443 Anywhere
One allowing from anywhere on my CP LAN to Port 8000 on the CP Firewall
Address

I found the most important one was the port 8000 because otherwise the
user cannot get to the CP authentication page

James