[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Humberto Ramirez <harl2us at yahoo dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Dynamic IP detection 2
 Date:  Wed, 27 Sep 2006 11:21:54 -0700 (PDT)
Dynamic IP Detection

I have a m0n0Wall behind a DMZ zone from my cable Modem/Router wich
is NOT running on bridge mode, dynamic DNS on m0n0wall detects the
lan IP of the cable modem, but not the wan IP, does anybody
knows a work arround ?

Cable modem running on NAT mode NOT bridge.
I know that if m0n0wall is not connected directly to the internet it
need's to get the IP from an outside source, something like
http://checkip.dyndns.org, or zoneedit etc

Is m0n0wall doing that ?

Thanks.

http://mail.yahoo.com