[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "C. Andrew Zook" <andrewzook at pdqlocks dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  NAT'd proxy with captive portal
 Date:  Thu, 28 Sep 2006 09:01:50 -0400
Hi all,

I am trying to get a captive portal working with a NAT'd proxy server.

The CP is on opt1 and the proxy is on the LAN. I have an outgoing rule
to forward all web traffic from port 80 to 8080 on the proxy server.

The only problem is that I have to add a rule in the CP to allow bypass
to the proxy for this to work - which means that I never get a login.

Is this setup possible? What is the general idea behind it?

Thanks,
Andy