[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] IPSEC Question
 Date:  Thu, 28 Sep 2006 10:57:32 -0400
On 9/28/06, Jason Collins <jason at mammothcomputers dot com> wrote:
> I don't think it would be pointless at all, depending on the
> circumstance.

You're missing the point - in this case, it would not be encrypted
over the wireless at all, what the original poster was considering
would just encrypt things as they enter one Ethernet interface, and
decrypt them as they leave another Ethernet interface on the firewall
- which is completely pointless.

If providing additional encryption over wireless, as you were
thinking, was the scenario, I'd agree it's certainly not pointless.

-Chris