[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Paulo Meireles <paulo dot meireles at exxpert dot com>
 To:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] how to configure with only LAN card
 Date:  Thu, 28 Sep 2006 17:00:40 +0100
If you only have one NIC, I suggest you find a nice switch that supports
VLANs, connect one of the ports as a trunk (accepting any VLAN), connect
it to the m0n0wall single NIC and implement VLANs over that NIC.

m0n0wall saved my day when I needed to have a "virtual firewall" (a VM
running on VMware ESX) connecting 5 VLANs, when VMware only supports 4
NICs; now I have 2 NICs, one for administering m0n0wall, and the other
for all the VLANs that need to communicate through the firewall.

Just my $0.02.