[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] how to configure with only LAN card
 Date:  Thu, 28 Sep 2006 15:12:17 -0400
On 9/28/06, Denis Kot <denis dot kot at gmail dot com> wrote:
> it's making sense for me now on Linux
> I use it as default router and route packets on other routers on same subnet.

If you're just routing to some other router on the same subnet, it's
completely pointless to throw in another router.

> also LAN card has 2 ip addresses in different networks and I can
> filter some packets between this networks. I know, whis configuration
> looks strange but it works for me.

Ugly, nasty, terrible network design.  You should toss all this junk
out and start over.  You should never put two different IP subnets on
the same broadcast domain.  If you need two IP subnets you need to use
a 802.1q VLAN capable switch or multiple switches.  In the case of
multiple switches, you need multiple interfaces in m0n0wall.  In the
case of VLAN's, you can setup a 802.1q trunk to your m0n0wall's
interface and have multiple networks with one interface.

-Chris