[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Johan Godfried" <johan at godfried dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Automatic release/renew of WAN DHCP address
 Date:  Fri, 29 Sep 2006 12:39:59 +0200
Hello,

I have a little problem and I hope there is a solution for this.

I have my m0n0wall machine connected to the internet via a cable internet link. This has been
working without glitches for about 2 years. Now it seems that the connection between the Cable modem
and my m0n0wall is not as stable as it used to be. (Sometimes I can't get in or out through the
m0n0wall)

The solution for this is to release & renew the WAN DHCP address.

Now here comes the problem. I have this script that checks for connectivity throught the m0n0wall
and I know what should be done on the m0n0wall to reset the DHCP address of the WAN interface (can
be incorporated in the same script) BUT, there is no cron running on the m0n0wall so I can't run the
script periodically on the m0n0wall. And if I run it from another system, I need to put in a
password to be able to access the script through a php page via the httpd (for instance using a wget
from a linux machine. ie. wget https://m0n0-ip/reset_wan_dhcp.php). (Am I making any sense here?)

Is there anyone who knows a solution for this problem?

Thanx.

Greetinx

Johan.

--

Disclaimer:

All bits and bytes contained within this message have been recycled and are not tested on animals

"It's a well known fact, that those people who most WANT to rule people are those lease suited to do
it. Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made leader should on no account be allowed to do
the job."
- Free to Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy, book 2 (The restaurant at the end of
the Universe) chapter 28