[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Robert Fitzpatrick <lists at webtent dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Multiple public subnets
 Date:  Fri, 29 Sep 2006 23:09:07 -0400
I am brand new to m0n0wall, I use FreeBSD quite a bit and decided to
consider m0n0wall to be my router. I tried a Sonicwall and it was not
compatible with my network setup I guess. Although I've managed many
firewalls in the past, my networking knowledge is limited without formal
training, perhaps I need that for what I am trying to do.

OK, I have 3 subnets assigned by the provider including the WAN subnet,
I guess I should use fictitious public numbers for privacy reasons? I'll
leave the last octet true and match the other octets where applicable.
This is what I would like to setup:

111.222.333.96/29 - WAN assigned by provider
444.55.666.0/26 - usable subnet
111.222.777.0/27 - usable subnet

So, my question is whether m0n0wall can handle all of these public
networks all on the same device with 4 eth ports using the OPT1 & 2 for
the two usable subnets? And using LAN for my own NAT as well? Is all
that possible?

If so, what docs should I be ready in order to understand what I need to
do as well as set it up?

Thanks in advance for any help!

--
Robert