[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michael Brown <knightmb at knightmb dot dyndns dot org>
 To:  Monowall Support List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] why cant i foward PORTS to my radius server?
 Date:  Fri, 29 Sep 2006 23:43:11 -0500
WAN Bounce only works for the WAN address of the m0n0wall router.  If
you have multiple IPs mapped to the same interface, those will not be
bounceable. To be able to bounce, you have to enable the port on the WAN
side via Firewall rules from *any* source (port 80 for example if you
want website access).  To get more complex than that, you would need to
use DNS forwarder to start using a lot of websites from within for ease
of use.  I use the very thing you are talking about so I can work on
website related stuff from within the network and people outside on the
WAN will have the same access.  Much easier than having to type in the
local address or machine name all the time.

Thanks,
Michael