[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Alavoine <chris dot alavoine at imagination dot com>
 To:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Captive portal problem]
 Date:  Fri, 29 Sep 2006 16:09:22 +0100
Cheers for that Lee.

Still can't get it working.

This is how my Rule looks for my PORTAL (OPT 1) interface:

Proto  Source  Port  Destination  Port
   *    LAN net   *    ! LAN net     *

This was copied from the default LAN rule but with destination changed
to "Not LAN".

Cheers,

c:)

Lee Sharp wrote:
> From: "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
>> From: "Chris Alavoine" <chris dot alavoine at imagination dot com>
>
>>> Haven't got any rules set anywhere. I figured as I was just doing a
>>> local (no WAN) test I wouldn't need them yet. Am guessing that was
>>> pretty stoopid. My Network Administrator advised me to take out all
>>> rules until I got it working...
>
>> He was wrong.  :-)  You need a rule to get into the CP.  Copy the
>> default rule on the LAN, but change destination to "Now LAN" and it
>> will be able to log in and get out, but not touch the LAN.
>
> Talking to myself again.  I assume those of you that know my posts at
> odd hours have already changed "Now LAN" to "Not LAN" and this is
> redundant.  I am now off to get more caffeine.  Thanks,
>
>                                    Lee

  Imagination Ltd
  25 Store Street South Crescent, London WC1E 7BL, England
  Tel +44 (0)20 7323 3300  Fax +44 (0)20 7323 5801

  This email contains privileged and confidential information, and is
  intended only for the addressee. If you are not the named addressee
  you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this email.  Please
  notify the sender immediately by email if you have received this
  email by mistake and please delete it from your system.