[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Robert Fitzpatrick <lists at webtent dot net>
 To:  "Bryan K. Brayton" <bryan at sonicburst dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Multiple public subnets
 Date:  Sat, 30 Sep 2006 10:18:36 -0400
On Sat, 2006-09-30 at 08:19 -0400, Bryan K. Brayton wrote:
> Unless I'm misunderstanding this, Robert is not looking for 2 WAN interfaces, he's looking to
straight route 2 subnets on OPTx interfaces, and still NAT the clients on the LAN interface.  Is
this correct?

Maybe? I want the two OPT ports and the LAN all behind the WAN port, is
that feasible? Let's say this...

WAN --> 111.222.333.100/29 with GW 111.222.333.97 (this is set by the
provider)

LAN --> 192.168.1.1/24
OPT1--> 444.55.666.1/26
OPT2--> 111.222.777.1/27

I want those two public IP subnets on the OPT ports to be transparent to
the outside world, so if somebody is looking for 444.55.666.2, it passes
through the m0n0wall firewall rules and on to it's destination host
behind the m0n0wall. Is this possible? I was looking at outbound NAT in
the m0n0wall docs for multiple public IP's, but it just wasn't detailed
enough for my networking skills to try and setup. With the Sonicwall
2040, as setup like above, the OPT1 subnet worked fine, but the OPT2
subnet did not.

I asked the provider for two separate subnets and they gave me a WAN
subnet with 3 usable IP addresses. Perhaps I am to use two routers like
sai said? But then I still don't see how the OPT ports are to be used.

--
Robert