[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  David W. Hess <dwhess at banishedsouls dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] anyone have some advice here with my traffic shaper only half working
 Date:  Fri, 29 Sep 2006 12:21:05 -0500
I looked through your XML config file and the only thing I saw as a problem was
your outgoing rules being placed on the WAN interface.  The last time I checked,
I found that the traffic shaper only classifies packets when they are incoming
on an interface.  Try moving your outgoing traffic shaping rules to your OPT1
interface and mark then as incoming.

I welcome any corrections if this is not the case.