[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Robert Fitzpatrick <lists at webtent dot net>
 To:  "Bryan K. Brayton" <bryan at sonicburst dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Transparent public IP subnets
 Date:  Tue, 03 Oct 2006 10:31:33 -0400
On Tue, 2006-10-03 at 10:02 -0400, Bryan K. Brayton wrote:
> Robert, I'm pretty sure that if you are using advanced outbound nat and don't create rules for
those OPT subnets, that it should work the way you want.  If it doesn't, either your config isn't
quite right, or maybe your ISP hasn't routed those networks to you correctly.

> Again, if someone here knows that that is *not* the case, please speak up.

I am at a test location, so I cannot test inbound traffic. The outbound
is working from both public subnets on the OPT ports. I then connect to
an FTP server of ours on the outside and look at those FTP logs, it
shows access from my WAN IP address. I was assuming then that my mail
server would be seen by outside mail servers by the same WAN IP address
and not the public IP address assigned to the inside mail server behind
and OPT port.

--
Robert