[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Robert Fitzpatrick <lists at webtent dot net>
 To:  "Bryan K. Brayton" <bryan at sonicburst dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Transparent public IP subnets
 Date:  Tue, 03 Oct 2006 18:06:57 -0400
On Tue, 2006-10-03 at 16:32 -0400, Bryan K. Brayton wrote:
> You've definitely got outbound NAT set up for those links.  You don't want it set up for those
networks, you only want it for your LAN network, right?  You need to delete those NAT mappings if
you want it to be routed.  And you need to create one for your LAN network range.

> Also, just to be clear, your ISP did route you those networks, correct?

Are you in there changing settings now? Everytime I refresh the NAT
settings, they're changing. Yes, the public subnets I am using are
routed to me, but not to this location. Like I said before, I'm at a
test location and cannot test inbound. I am trying only outbound. I am
going to take this box down to the data center tonight and try it to see
if it works. But right now I cannot keep the outbound traffic from the
public subnets from translating to the WAN IP address.

--
Robert