[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Hoy Poy <chrishp at dugeo dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Cc:  Denis Witt <witt at concepts dash and dash training dot de>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Speed problems
 Date:  Thu, 5 Oct 2006 14:31:57 +0800
I've seen this - have a look at your traffic shaper. If it has a very
irregular beat (ie very jagged) then its most probably what Anson Ringenoldus
said earlier (memory/buffer issues).

my solution has always been to turn the traffic shaper on, but set it to about
80/90% of what your upload SHOULD be.

this'll will smooth it, and the modem's buffers wont hang every few seconds.

I get this with a couple of old dlink modems.

//chris

On Tuesday 01 August 2006 23:45, Denis Witt wrote:
> Denis Witt wrote:
> > I will replace the WAN-side-card tomorrow, maybe this would help. But
> > i'm glad that it doesn't look like a m0n0wall error.
>
> I've replaced the network card, but it didn't helped. Any further ideas?
>
> Thanks and bye for now!

Chris Hoy Poy
System Administrator
DownUnder GeoSolutions