[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "jan gestre" <m0n0wall dot list at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Brad smith" <bsmith at ircpa dot org>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Lan interface
 Date:  Fri, 6 Oct 2006 14:18:47 +0800
On 10/4/06, Brad smith <bsmith at ircpa dot org> wrote:

> I have installed generic image to CF. After boot i get monowall console
> setup. When i configure interfaces on lan it won't detect. It gives me
> rl1 and rl0 or something like that. So i manually type rl1 for lan cause
> the other says (up)"it is wan" It then procedes to wan discovery. type
> 'a' for autodetect and it finds fine. I can not get any pc's on lan to
> get address from monowall, so I can not goto 192.168.1.1. I have tried
> to change the ip of pc on lan to be in the same subnet but still no
> evail. Any help would be great.

maybe your forgot to assign the interfaces correctly, usually monowall ask
for you to assign the first interface it detects to your LAN, then WAN, then
OPT....
e.g.
rl0 = LAN <-- accept the default network address i.e. 192.168.1.0/24
rl1 = WAN
rl2 = OPT1

also check the hardware compatibility list if your card is supported, i
myself encountered a similar problem when i tried to upgrade the interfaces
to a newer gigabit card, mono was not able to detect it although the said
card was in the HCL.

HTH