[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Alavoine <chris dot alavoine at imagination dot com>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Webserver on different subnet to LAN
 Date:  Fri, 06 Oct 2006 16:47:49 +0100
Thanks for that Chris.

How about making my webserver dual-homed giving the second interface a
LAN subnet IP?

Security issues maybe?

Cheers,

c:)

Chris Buechler wrote:
> On 10/6/06, Chris Alavoine <chris dot alavoine at imagination dot com> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Having a problem getting access to my webserver. I need it to be on a
>> different subnet from the LAN (LAN is 10.2.1.0/24) webserver subnet is
>> 10.0.1.0/24. Webserver address is 10.0.1.83
>>
>> I've added "any -> 10.0.1.83" to the Captive Portal Allowed IP addresses
>> and also add a fw rule as follows:
>>
>> Pass   TCP   PORTAL net  *   10.0.1.83   80(HTTP)
>>
>> Not having any joy.
>>
>> I've managed to get the webserver working fine if it's on the same
>> subnet as the LAN.
>>

> If you need it to be on a different subnet, it has to be on a
> different broadcast domain.  That means a different switch and
> interface on m0n0wall, or on a VLAN if you have a 802.1Q capable
> switch.
>
> -Chris

  Imagination Ltd
  25 Store Street South Crescent, London WC1E 7BL, England
  Tel +44 (0)20 7323 3300  Fax +44 (0)20 7323 5801

  This email contains privileged and confidential information, and is
  intended only for the addressee. If you are not the named addressee
  you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this email.  Please
  notify the sender immediately by email if you have received this
  email by mistake and please delete it from your system.