[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Krzysztof Syguda <ks at koszecin dot net dot pl>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Public IPs on LAN
 Date:  Mon, 09 Oct 2006 13:48:56 +0200
I have some problems to configure m0n0wall to work as I need.
In my old network I have an Cisco router. It was connected to the
provider with WAN interface and 4 IP addresses
class as an "interconnection" network. On LAN I had bundled a Public IP
class for LAN users.
No NAT and PAT where enabled - simple routing.

How to translate this configuration on to the m0n0wall router

For eg.. Class for WAN is: 195.120.1.40/30 Provider side .41 my router .42
On Lan I have: 82.55.121.0/26 and .1 for router

Could I work without NAT? just routing by giving users IPs from
82.55.121.0/26 class  or m0n0wall will automatically do a NAT (PAT)
translation for all outgoing connection?

I need users to be visible on Internet with public IP.