[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Guy Boisvert <boisvert dot guy at videotron dot ca>
 To:  Ron Carter <wcarterjr at earthlink dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] How to access the webgui from the wan?
 Date:  Mon, 09 Oct 2006 20:40:36 -0400
Ron Carter wrote:
> Justrying to be able to access the webgui from the wan side.  I have a bunch of people to do demo
for but I would like for but can't access it from the outside.  It would be very nice to be able to
do so.
> Ron Carter

Hi Ron!

    I did it myself for a new installation in Singapore.  Sent the
mOnOwall box over there and connected with HTTPS.  My firewall rule
allowed port 443 FROM "my subnet" (DHCP is used here at my place) TO
"Fixed IP Address of mOnOwall in Singapore".

You have to:

1) Enable access to the web page with HTTPS protocol (Safer than HTTP! ;-) )

2) Add a rule to let the packets enter the WAN with port 443 to the IP
Address of your WAN port.

3) In the rule above, you should limit access "FROM" to your subnet or
even better your IP address if it's fixed.

Hope this helped!

Guy Boisvert
IngTegration inc. (WEB Site in heavy reconstruction!)
Telecom / IT engineer