[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Max Cristin <max dot cristin at rogers dot com>
 To:  Monowall Support List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  DNS forwarder and DMZ
 Date:  Thu, 05 Oct 2006 08:36:01 -0400
I have a LAN (192.168.1.0/24) and DMZ (192.168.3.0/24). I'm using
Monowall both as a DHCP and DNS forwarder and have the "Register DHCP
leases in DNS forwarder" enabled.

Hosts on both LAN and DMZ can resolve names on internet. Hosts on the
LAN can also resolve internal names on LAN and DMZ, but hosts on the DMZ
cannot resolve any LAN names, but only internet names.

To get around it I had to manually add the names and IP's of LAN hosts
to the hosts.conf on the servers in the DMZ.

Is this behavior normal? If not, how do I get around it without editing
the hosts file? Thanks.

Max
**