[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Sven Brill <madde at gmx dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] M0n0wall on ASTLINUX
 Date:  Tue, 10 Oct 2006 12:21:13 -0400
Carsten Holbach wrote:
> Short answer: You can't.
> Long answer: As you stated, both are operating systems (AstLinux is
> Linux, m0n0wall FreeBSD). You could install them parallel on one
> machine and boot one or the other with a boot manager, but I assume
> that this is not what you want.

another option is a Linux or even Windows install as the base OS, then
run m0n0 and AstLinux in two separate VMs. Now, *that* is ugly, but
technically, it works and uses only one machine :)

the OP, however, is probably better off slapping a CD drive and a floppy
drive into any old Intel box, add a couple NICs, and call it a day - or
a dedicated firewall.

Sven