[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jay Lyerly <jayl at ceintl dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  dns search domain for pptp clients
 Date:  Thu, 5 Oct 2006 09:42:44 -0400
Is there any way to assign a default DNS search domain to pptp
clients?  I have an internal web server named foo in the domain
foo.bar.com.  On my internal hosts, http://foo works b/c they are set
to search bar.com.  This setting isn't passed to PPTP.  From a pptp
machine, http://foo doesn't work, but http://foo.bar.com does.

Under both windows and OSX, you can set the search domain on the
client side, but its many clicks and something my users are
invariable not get quite right.  I was using the PPTP server on OSX
Server edition which managed to set the default search domain on
clients.  Unfortunately, as a PPTP server, it wasn't all to stable.

So, can the PPTP server broadcast its DNS search domain to clients?

thanks,
jay