[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "C. Andrew Zook" <andrewzook at pdqlocks dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Silly question - Routing across VPN
 Date:  Wed, 11 Oct 2006 08:05:44 -0400
Hi all!

I am attempting something that is new to me. I have a new m0n0
installation at a remote warehouse for my company. I have a wireless
access point attached to OPT1 (192.168.10.0/24), and I have a VPN set up
to connect to the LAN (192.168.100.0/24).

I have a working VPN from my current location to the remote LAN network.
I cannot however seem to figure out how to route my requests to the OPT1
network at the remote location. I believe that I have all of my firewall
rules set up correctly since I can gain access to the OPT1 network when
I PPTP in to the LAN of the remote location.

I have tried to add a static route to my home location m0n0. I used the
network definition of 192.168.10.0/24 with a gateway of 192.168.100.254
(IP of the m0n0 on the remote LAN).

Am I going about this the correct way? Any tips or suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Andy