[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Kristian Shaw" <monowall at wealdclose dot co dot uk>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Silly question - Routing across VPN
 Date:  Wed, 11 Oct 2006 13:35:37 +0100
Hello,

It may be worth looking through the list archive as this has come up a few
times before.

However, in summary... You can't route with IPSEC VPNs so have you have
choices:

1) Create two IPSEC tunnels (use exactly the same encryption settings, but
just change the subnets involved)
2) Create a single IPSEC tunnel that encompasses all the address you wish to
VPN to.

In your example, you could create a tunnel with 192.168.0.0 / 255.255.0.0 as
the subnet. However, this would break if your home connection was also using
addresses in the 192.168.x. range. Addresses must be unique at each end of
the tunnel.

Regards,

Kris.