[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Scott Myers <scott at paperstreettech dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Slow network speeds on soekris 4511 with Senao NL-2511CD
 Date:  Wed, 11 Oct 2006 17:02:55 -0400
Hi,

I have setup a net4511 running m0n0wall on a 340 MB IBM Microdrive. I am
using the latest release as of this email, (1.22).

Interfaces:

WAN - PPPOE with WAN DNS address forwarding turned off.
LAN - Default 192.168.1.0 Subnet
WIFI - Bridged with LAN for testing
            Mode: hostap
            Channel: 2
            Station Name: Blank
            No WEP

Quality during testing for Wireless Link is 45.

Whenever I use the LAN interface, the connection is flawless. It runs
smoothly and I experience no lag or slowness in the network.

Whenever I am attached to the WIFI connection, no matter the O/S used,
card used (in laptop), or distance from the AP, it slows down, normally
hanging up on resolving addresses (appears to have an issue resolving
names on that interface).  My O/S shows that the servers it is using for
DNS is the ISP servers, not trying to use DNS forwarding.

Any help or if I can offer any more information in regards to this
setup, please let me know.