[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Is there a hard limit to the maximum number of subnets allowed in m0n0wall?
 Date:  Wed, 11 Oct 2006 19:52:15 -0400
On 10/11/06, Chris Janvrin <chrisjanvrin at sellmytimesharenow dot com> wrote:

> Is there a hard limit to the maximum number of subnets allowed in m0n0wall?

No.  You're limited to 32 instances of the DHCP server (one instance
required per interface), so you can only run the DHCP server on up to
32 interfaces.  But other than that, there aren't any hard coded
limits.

> So far, any
> attempt to configure a subnet above and beyond the three already configured
> (WAN, LAN, and DMZ) has failed. I've been careful about the firewall rule
> sets, tried both with and without DHCP-you name it.

The only thing you need to do is assign the interface, enable the
interface, put an IP on the interface, and enter firewall rules on the
interface.  If you've done all that, you'll have to elaborate - what
do you mean by "failed"?  Do you have link light on the interface?
Can you ping the IP you assign to that interface?  etc.

-Chris