[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Janvrin" <chrisjanvrin at sellmytimesharenow dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Is there a hard limit to the maximum number of subnets allowed in m0n0wall?
 Date:  Wed, 11 Oct 2006 20:42:31 -0400
Chris, thank you very much for your help.

I have assigned and enabled the new interface, assigned an IP, and written
firewall rules on the LAN side of the new subnet. I have also tried using
DHCP, as well as static mapping to my laptop's MAC address. When connecting
the laptop directly to the new port on the Soekris I used a crossover cable
that had been confirmed functional, and other times I put a Netgear switch
that had been confirmed functional between the Soekris and the laptop.

Upon plugging everything in I get a link light on the Soekris port, but the
activity light almost always stays dark. When checking status in the GUI the
interface shows as 'up', but there are only a few packets showing in total
traffic. I am unable to ping (host unreachable), nor can I get an IP (with
either DHCP or a static map).

If there isn't an issue with m0n0wall having that many subnets there must be
something missing or wrong in my config-but darned if I can figure it out.
The firewall rules I created mirror those of the other LAN subnet-so I'm not
blocking myself from getting out.

Thanks again for your help Chris.

Chris Janvrin

Subject: Re: [m0n0wall] Is there a hard limit to the maximum number of