[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jay Lyerly <jayl at ceintl dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] dns search domain for pptp clients
 Date:  Thu, 5 Oct 2006 10:05:50 -0400
Right, I've done that.  I've set the DNS servers to 192.168.x.x and
those get passed to the clients properly.  If you look at the
resolv.conf on an OSX client after a connection, it looks like

nameserver 192.168.x.x
nameserver 192.168.x.y

but I want it to look like

domain bar.com
nameserver 192.168.x.x
nameserver 192.168.x.y

Windows clients behave in a similar way, not getting the default
search domain.  The domain is set to bar.com in the general setup on
the monowall, but it doesn't seem to get passed to the clients.

thanks,
jay