[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Gabe Oravitz" <gabeoravitz at comcast dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  traffic shaping not doing what it's supposed to
 Date:  Fri, 13 Oct 2006 11:59:19 -0400
Before I couldn't get the traffic shaper to manage outgoing packets, so I
changed everything to incoming, but just on different interfaces. Which
works with throttling bandwidth in both directions respective to the end
user. However im having problems getting mw to do what it says it's supposed
to be doing again. When setting up a pipe to specify bandwidth, it says to
enter "source" or "destination" in order to get per-host bandwidth
management. But it's not doing it. For example. I have two hosts going
through it currently for testing. I specified 300kbps download. I wanted
each host to be allowed 300kbps simultaneously. Instead, it makes the 2
share 300kbps. Am I missing something or misunderstanding something. I
definately specified "source" and "destination" where I needed. I have
attached my config file.

Thanks