[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Steven McCoy" <fnjordy at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Miru directory server
 Date:  Fri, 13 Oct 2006 11:34:23 +0800
Hello all,

That's my project, I didn't get around to posting on the m0n0 list yet as I
am still playing around in beta.  Some things are slightly different to the
m0n0 project for example:

* VLAN support for DHCP.
* Upgrade via rsync
* i18n via gettext
* Configuration space holds PXE and TFTP boot files, and so the image
install reserves larger space, the HDD install from ISO image reserves a
fixed size for the O/S but consumes the remainder of the disk for
configuration.

Due to size issues I might have to start investigating uploading upgrades to
compact flash rather than a memory file system (MFS).  There are certainly
bugs I need to fix too:

* Changing the LAN address in the web interface updates the IP address
before sending the web response, hence causes the browser to wait until
timeout.
* If time synchronisation via MSNTP causes a big jump it can cause Kerberos
to deny all requests.

But a big thank you to you all as I currently have 6 happy m0n0wall routers
on WRAP running various IPSEC, PPTP, and OpenVPN VPN's together.

I am also working on another appliance but its not finished yet I will post
later when its in production.  Both projects *will* be a test bed for a new
configuration, communication, and management daemon that could be used by
m0n0 and pfSense but unfortunately side tracked at the moment.

:-)

--
Steve-o