[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Andrew Cotter" <andrew dot cotter at somersetcapital dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  m0n0 tftp-server-name
 Date:  Fri, 13 Oct 2006 13:52:05 -0400
Wondering what I am missing here....

I am working in a test environment to have m0n0 hand out the address of a
tftp server which is not m0n0.  I have been looking at faq-hiddenopts.html
(http://m0n0.ch/wall/docbook/faq-hiddenopts.html) and the default
config.xml.  It does not seem like I have the correct xml in place to have
it hand out the ip address.  I even tried the root-path option but it seems
like the Cisco 7940 phone will not get the IP.

If I hardcode the tftp ip address in the phone config it does pull the image
and work correctly.  You may be saying... so do it that way....  well I
don't feel like it!

Can anyone give me some guidance as to the correct syntax to hand out
tftp-server-name?

Here is the latest version  of what I am looking at in config.xml.  Mainly
the option section I believe.

*********** SNIP ************
<dhcpd>
	<lan>
		<enable/>
		<range>
			<from>192.168.110.100</from>
			<to>192.168.110.199</to>
		</range>
		<option>
			<tftp-server-name>192.168.110.197</tftp-server-name>
			<root-path>/tftpboot</root-path>
		</option>
		<defaultleasetime/>
		<maxleasetime/>
	</lan>
</dhcpd>

Yes I know the tftp server is in the dhcp range... unless that is the issue,
I do understand that in the long run this is not an ideal (or sane) way of
setting this up.

Thanks!

Andrew