[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  David W. Hess <dwhess at banishedsouls dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] traffic shaping not doing what it's supposed to
 Date:  Fri, 13 Oct 2006 17:06:56 -0500
Did you get Source and Destination swapped?  For a packet traveling from your
WAN to your LAN, I think you want the Mask set to Destination so it uses the IP
address on your LAN interface.  For a packet traveling from your LAN to your
WAN, it should be Source.

Also, the traffic shaper may be stateful in which case changes would not affect
already existing connections.  Be sure to restart them all to make sure you are
testing any changes you are making.