[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Joe Commisso <jemc at bluefrog dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  WAN has no link light at one location, but works at home
 Date:  Sat, 14 Oct 2006 15:27:51 -0400
Hello,

I have a strange problem.
My box is a wrap model and it works fine at home.
My verizon isp gives me a non-static ip address and I have a cheap
belkin router connected to that so I don't have to fuss with the pppoe
user and password all the time.
The local side of the router allows static ip addresses on the subnet of
204.168.2.0
Like I said, the m0n0wall 1.22 works fine here.
I only have one wan rule that allows https web gui access.
Proto      Source      Port      Destination            Port
           Description
 TCP       *               *        WAN address       443 (HTTPS)
And the lan rule is
Proto      Source      Port      Destination
Port                       Description
 *       LAN net             *           *                        *

I found this doc:
http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/troubleshooting-nolinklight.html

Which suggests a bad ethernet port, but it works here at home before and
after I tried it on a static dsl modem.

I do not have a link light when connecting to the static dsl modem, but
if I connect the linksys wireless router that was there, it has a link
light and internet.
At home here I have a link light and internet. In fact I am using the
m0n0wall as my gateway right now.

Any suggestions?
TIA,
Joe