[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  YvesDM <ydmlog at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Zadikem, Travis" <tzadikem at picosecond dot com>
 Cc:  "Monowall (E-mail)" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Monitoring bandwidth
 Date:  Mon, 16 Oct 2006 23:42:44 +0200
Radius is your best solution.
But, if you only need to do this once, just to catch the "bad guy" and don't
need to keep accounting records, just use the captive portal. Give you users
a login and set the idle & hard time out of the captive portal to 0 (never).

In the CP status page you will see the MB's transferred by every user.(user
will never logout, so it will keep on counting)

HTH
Yves