[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  YvesDM <ydmlog at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  compaq deskpro EN SFF, problem
 Date:  Tue, 17 Oct 2006 19:03:59 +0200
Sorry for this off-topic post.
But i know there are many people using this machines for m0n0wall so I hope
someone can give me a solution here.

I'm having trouble with my deskpro EN SFF which I use for hotspot setup's
with monowall.
Those things don't seem to remember there bios settings anymore.
I already flashed the bios with the latest firmware I could find and also
replaced the RTC battery.
The problem remains, Half an hour (or less) without power cord and I get
this message when booting:

System options not set
"cmos checksum invalid, loading default settings"

The strange thing is, i have many of those EN's running and never
experienced any problems like that.
Some time ago I bought a lot of them and stored them in my garage.
Now it looks like I have it on every EN I want to configure.

I'm pulling my hair out here, cause this is very very annoying. I can't use
them for setups like this.
Does anyone has any clue what's going on here? All help is very appreciated.

Many tnx

Y.