[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Paulo Meireles <paulo dot meireles at exxpert dot com>
 To:  YvesDM <ydmlog at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] compaq deskpro EN SFF, problem
 Date:  Tue, 17 Oct 2006 18:56:49 +0100
I have 6 of these, too. With a new disk, they're nearly silent. Never
had a single problem with any of them, and have never need to replace
their batteries. So, the problems may be due to whatever NIC you added
to them. Try using an old Intel NIC, or a 3Com 905B, or something from
that era, instead of a fancy recent NIC. Another guess is IRQ sharing;
try messing with these.

If everything else fails, install your favorite Linux distro on it to
check if the problem is hardware or software related.

Paulo