[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Neil A. Hillard" <m0n0 at dana dot org dot uk>
 To:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] compaq deskpro EN SFF, problem
 Date:  Tue, 17 Oct 2006 18:59:00 +0100
Hi,

In message
<799e44b30610171003o7af6ef10r850201e16beb687e at mail dot gmail dot com>, YvesDM
<ydmlog at gmail dot com> writes
>Sorry for this off-topic post.
>But i know there are many people using this machines for m0n0wall so I hope
>someone can give me a solution here.
>
>I'm having trouble with my deskpro EN SFF which I use for hotspot setup's
>with monowall.
>Those things don't seem to remember there bios settings anymore.
>I already flashed the bios with the latest firmware I could find and also
>replaced the RTC battery.
>The problem remains, Half an hour (or less) without power cord and I get
>this message when booting:
>
>System options not set
>"cmos checksum invalid, loading default settings"
>
>The strange thing is, i have many of those EN's running and never
>experienced any problems like that.
>Some time ago I bought a lot of them and stored them in my garage.
>Now it looks like I have it on every EN I want to configure.
>
>I'm pulling my hair out here, cause this is very very annoying. I can't use
>them for setups like this.
>Does anyone has any clue what's going on here? All help is very appreciated.

Hi,

        I'm using those but mines stays on 24/7.  I have one at a shop
which gets turned off Saturday evening and then back on on Monday
morning without any problems.

Check the jumper near the battery that's used to clear the CMOS settings
- that's my only suggestion!

HTH,

                                Neil.