[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  YvesDM <ydmlog at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Paulo Meireles" <paulo dot meireles at exxpert dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] compaq deskpro EN SFF, problem
 Date:  Tue, 17 Oct 2006 20:26:15 +0200
On 10/17/06, Paulo Meireles <paulo dot meireles at exxpert dot com> wrote:

> I have 6 of these, too. With a new disk, they're nearly silent. Never
> had a single problem with any of them, and have never need to replace
> their batteries. So, the problems may be due to whatever NIC you added
> to them. Try using an old Intel NIC, or a 3Com 905B, or something from
> that era, instead of a fancy recent NIC. Another guess is IRQ sharing;
> try messing with these.
>
> If everything else fails, install your favorite Linux distro on it to
> check if the problem is hardware or software related.
>
> Paulo

Hi,

I have about 30-40 of these running without a single problem.
Did also never replace batteries on those.
I don't use HD's , I use CF cards or IDE flash modules.
The nics I use are simple realtek 8139d.
I don't use the onboard nic with monowall cause, in my experience, it
freezes the box after a few days.
I always change the IRQ's in the bios and give a different IRQ for every
nic, so not everything on 11 like the box standard does.
I already tried with a non-os hard disk connected instead of the CF-card/ide
module.
The problem remains :-(
I don't get this anymore!

Y.