[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  YvesDM <ydmlog at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Paulo Meireles" <paulo dot meireles at exxpert dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] compaq deskpro EN SFF, problem
 Date:  Tue, 17 Oct 2006 22:33:01 +0200
On 10/17/06, Paulo Meireles <paulo dot meireles at exxpert dot com> wrote:

> Have you checked if the battery is depleted after the CMOS is cleared,
> or is it OK?
> Could it be that, due to being stored in a possibly damp place, the
> motherboards are not dry enough, and are leaking the battery's charge?
> Aside from that, I also don't get it... :(
>
> Paulo

I didn't check the battery, I just put a new one.
I think the cold&wet air in the garage might have something to do with it.
I can't see any other reason, or maybe a short circuit on the board causing
this.
Anyway, I've had four systems suffering from this now while I was setting
them up.
(all 4 directly after each other, that's why I felt some kind of panic)
I've just set up 3 others and they were ok.
Tomorrow I will check the rest of the EN's I have and hope they are ok too
:-)

Tnx for your suggestions and help,

Y.