[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Cecil Strange" <cecil underscore strange at msn dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] M0n0wall to M0n0wall Ipsec tunnel does not connect
 Date:  Wed, 18 Oct 2006 09:09:36 -0700
Thanks for all the help.  Windows browsing works fine now
that WINS is installed.

As a novice who has managed three active directory domains
for five years, I've never had legacy workstations and
therefore never had to install WINS.  My last Ipsec tunnel
was between two Netgear FVS318 appliances.  I could browse
on that tunnel without WINS, but it was slow and not
terribly persistent.  M0n0wall, with a WRAP at one end and a
PC at the other, is much faster.  I guess I'll know about
reliability of the tunnel in a few days.

Thanks again.  I guess I owe the Wiki a page on this.