[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  David W. Hess <dwhess at banishedsouls dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] M0n0wall to M0n0wall Ipsec tunnel does not connect
 Date:  Wed, 18 Oct 2006 15:02:30 -0500
On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 20:07:26 +0100, you wrote:

>Perhaps the other device was automatically forwarding NETBIOS broadcasts
>across the VPN link. If that was the case then I'm not surprised that
>browsing wasn't very reliable.

I know the D-Link 804HV series of routers support sending NETBIOS broadcasts
across IPSEC VPN links and I am not surprised Netgear products would do this
also.  Personally I have never gotten the Windows network neighborhood to work
this way but I always figured it was just another broken D-Link feature.  If I
had known then what I know now all of our D-Link routers would be embedded
m0n0wall or at least BSD/Linux systems.