[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Alex M" <radiussupport at lrcommunications dot net>
 To:  "'Chris Alavoine'" <chris dot alavoine at imagination dot com>, "Monowall Support List" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] monowall vs pfsense captive portal
 Date:  Wed, 18 Oct 2006 17:17:25 -0400
Do you mean login screen? If yes I don't really can say that mono login
screen shows up instantaneously, some times it takes some time and some
times id refuses to show up at all and you have to refresh the page. I would
assume that's should depend on mono cpu load but it doesn't seams to be that
much related.

As to the pfSense I can't say anything since I do the testing on virtual
machine and everything is slow by itself still didn't see any unreasonable
delays with login screen.

One thing w/ delay could be a problem of Windows itself, when you reboot
windows has to check your connection status and DNS etc, so your initial
packet would do that, but it would be blocked my mono (pfSense) so windows
would look for alternative connection so it found that mono should have dns
and it will send packet through the mono dns and after that will request the
data from web server and that's where login screen will be shown (instead of
destination host the packets get overwritten or in case of mono you get
redirected)