[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jorge Ariel Ramos M." <jramosm at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Zadikem, Travis" <tzadikem at picosecond dot com>
 Cc:  "Monowall (E-mail)" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Monitoring bandwidth
 Date:  Thu, 19 Oct 2006 13:47:13 -0500
I have the same problem, i could see the graph of bandwith of each
pipe and queue in the
m0n0wall.

So far i'm using the next command (from a linux box):

# lynx -dump -auth admin:password
http://mono_address/exec_raw.php?cmd=ipfw%20show

Lynx is a text browser for the World Wide Web.

The command complete that i use is:
# watch -n1 'lynx -dump -auth admin:password
http://mono_address/exec_raw.php?cmd=ipfw%20show'

watch - is a linux command that execute a program periodically,
showing output fullscreen

with "watch" the command is refresh each 1 second and i can see de
consume in the second column.

i guess that is posible make a script that read this parameter and
after graphic it (like: iftop or  bwm-ng)

On 10/16/06, Zadikem, Travis <tzadikem at picosecond dot com> wrote:
> I would like a program or something (fairly cheap and efficient) to see where our bandwidth is
going by IP.  I currently don't see this in m0n0wall.  I only see graphing by WAN, LAN.  Can someone
please recommend a product(s).  I am asking because I want to find out what is really hogging ours.

--
Jorge Ramos
SuSE, Debian GNU/Linux - FreeBSD