[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  YvesDM <ydmlog at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 Cc:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Odd Behavior: Or how to check your memory
 Date:  Fri, 20 Oct 2006 11:27:27 +0200
On 10/20/06, Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org> wrote:

> If the memory and CPU are both good, you can also try changing the NICs.
> Some are better than others, and many just have a conflict with a given
> configuration.  If you still have no luck after this, you have a real
> problem, and post it up to the list.
>
>                                 Lee

Hi Lee,

I think you are saying,  most of the total lockup's are hardware related,
and not related to monowall itself.
Well, that's exactly my experience  too.  I had lockup's before when using
the onboard intel nic on my compac SFF EN series.
I started to use Realtek's in every box and I didn't have any lockup's
anymore, not a single one!
Few weeks ago, I  needed a box and had only one realtek left. I decided to
try using the onboard intel nic again for the WAN interface.
Two days later that box locked up :-)  I put a realtek in that box and
stopped using the onboard nic.
Uptime 13 days now, no more lockup's just like my other realtek based
systems.

So I'm pretty sure your statement is true ;-)

Sincerely,
Y.