[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] M0n0wall to M0n0wall Ipsec tunnel does not connect
 Date:  Tue, 17 Oct 2006 22:12:38 -0500
Cecil Strange wrote:
> Thanks Kristian.  I added a WINS server to the domain controller at
> one end and pointed a workstation to it.  No change so far.  I'll try
> to point some workstations on the other end to it when I get home this
> evening.  Then I'll try adding a WINS server on my home network.
>
> At lease I have now confirmed the tunnel stays up and I can ping the
> private IP numbers on the LANS from either end.
>
> You advised: "You should be able to connect to specific machines with
> the Start->
> Run-> \\server_ip ->OK method."
>
> Nope, that doesn't do anything at this point.

1) Put a WINS server on each side. Make each server look to itself for
WINS.
2) Set them as replication partners (push/pull).
3) Point the workstations to the WINS server on their side. This can be
done using DHCP - set Scope or Server Options: 044 WINS/NBNS Servers (IP
of Local WINS) and 046 WINS/NBT Node Type (use 0x8 or Hybrid)
4) Wait a couple of hours (should only be 15 minutes for browser
refresh, but give it some time)

James W. McKeand